Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pill Popping

A disturbing headline this morning - More Americans are taking prescription medications. In the article it stated that, “Americans buy much more medicine per person than any other country.” And Medco's data show “ that last year, 51 percent of American children and adults were taking one or more prescription drugs for a chronic condition, up from 50 percent the previous four years and 47 percent in 2001.”

Wow.

I can’t help but wonder, if people had the tools and framework in place to maintain a more balanced life and learned at a young age how to set healthy boundaries around their needs if the number of people taking prescription medicine would drop. My gut tells me yes. I will use this as my inspiration today as I continue to create a program for people to build a path to finding balance in their lives.

Here is to balance being fun and pill free.

No comments: